Royal News

Coronavirus fears for Queen and Philip with ‘servant who walks royal dogs ill’

One of the Queen's servants has reportedly  been confirmed to have coronavirus, sparking fresh fears for the royal family.

The footman - who is now self-isolating - is understood to have been trusted with a number of duties involving contact with Her Majesty on a daily basis.

They included bringing her drinks and meals, introducing guests, delivering letters and walking her two dogs.

His diagnosis has raised fresh concerns over whether the 93-year-old Queen and Prince Philip may have been exposed to the potentially deadly virus.

Speaking to T he Sun, one royal insider said there was "palpable sense of fear" in the air.

"Everyone is terrified, not just for themselves but also for the Queen and the Duke," they said.

"It's terrifying to think how close they were.

"Everyone is wondering — who's next and what's next?"

The sick employee is understood to have worked for the royal family for several years.

He was promoted to a role serving the Queen more closely six months ago, and is believed to have carried out jobs for her on a daily basis.

His responsibilities included collecting Vulcan and Candy, the monarch's two dorgis (a corgi and dachshund crossbreed) before taking them for a walks.

It is not known when he was tested for Covid-19.

However, it comes after another aide at Buckingham Palace was diagnosed with the flu-like virus last week, while Her Majesty was still present at her London residence.

She and Prince Philip, 98, have since moved to Windsor Castle, where they are being looked after by a small number of staff.

Royal employees usually based at Buckingham Palace, Windsor or Sandringham have now been asked to work from home where possible.

Those who go into residences have been split into small teams, to minimise the risk of spreading the potentially deadly bug.

Dozens of other staff are believed to have been tested for coronavirus, all of which have so far come back negative.

Buckingham Palace says the Queen remains in good health.

Prince Charles became the first member of the royal family to test positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday.

The Prince of Wales, 71, is now self-isolating at Balmoral in Scotland with "mild symptoms" that are not expected to become more serious.

Likely contagious since March 13, the day after he last saw his mum the Queen, he developed symptoms over the weekend but "otherwise remains in good health".

His wife Camilla, 72, has tested negative.

On Thursday evening, he was seen for the first time since his diagnosis as he joined millions of Brits in the Clap for our Carers movement.

Clarence House posted a video on their  Instagram  Stories showing the heir to throne joining in with the round of applause for the NHS.

More than 1,000 people have now died with the virus in Britain, and the Queen is reportedly considering making a rare address to the nation to calm anxieties.

Mirror Online has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.



Source
To Top