Royal News

Meghan Markle ‘terrified’ as Duchess and Harry face ‘financial nightmare’ over Megxit

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry agreed to pay back the money spent for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage into the Royal Purse as part of their deal with the Queen. As part of their bid for independence from the Royal Family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they want to become financially separate from the Queen and will be looking for new sources of income. Meghan last week was confirmed to have struck up a deal with Disney to narrate their latest documentary Elephant but the Duchess donated the money as the project was filmed before she and Harry announced their departure from the Royal Family.

A royal insider claimed Meghan is terrified because of the financial pressure they are now under and suggested the Duchess has ordered Prince Harry to find a job.

Speaking to US tabloid National Enquirer, the anonymous source said: "This debt is a blow to their ambitious plan to become freewheeling billionaires in the world.

"Meghan is terrified that her dreams of being a Hollywood queen will be destroyed by this financial nightmare and she is insisting that Harry make a move and resolve the crisis."

The insider however noted the lack of previous working experience could make the search for a new job difficult for the Duke of Sussex.

JUST IN: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal who will REALLY pay for their US security


They said: "The big problem is that Harry has no marketable skills, has never had a real job.

"He does not have a university degree nor does he know a second language. He only has military training.

"Harry has given up on real life for his rebellious American wife, but his sacrifice is exploding in his face.

"Their marriage is tense, they could be at a breaking point."

READ MORE: Royal snub: How Barack Obama accused Prince George of ‘slap in the face'



Prince Harry has accrued experience in the charity sector through years of working with his brother Prince William with The Royal Foundation.

He has also served for over ten years in the British Army and took up active duty in Afghanistan before being called back to the UK after his location was disclosed to the public.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex agreed to give up any claim to funds through the Royal Purse but an estimated 95 percent of the funds the couple has been using is believed to have come directly from the Prince of Wales' income generated through the Duchy of Cornwall.

And Harry and Meghan have also signalled they are not ready to accept handouts in their new life after sharing details of their new security arrangements.

DON'T MISS:

Meghan and Harry's dilemma brutally summed up by Prince Edward [ANALYSIS]
Queen was left ‘hurt and puzzled' over Tony Blair's extraordinary snub [REVEALED]
Royal fury: Boris Johnson's unusual complaints about Queen exposed [INSIGHT]


The Duke and Duchess shared the details after US President Donald Trump announced his Government would not fork out any money for the security details the royal couple will require now they have moved to Los Angeles.

A spokeswoman for Meghan and Harry said on Sunday the couple had "no plans" to ask the US for funds following months of debate about who will pay for their security once they have 

The spokeswoman said: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources.

"Privately-funded security arrangements have been made."



Source
To Top